Silk Sarees: Sarees are the traditional attires worn by Indian women every day. They encompass our lives through everyday life and festivals equally. The sarees are made in such different ways and with different materials to suit the needs. Silk sarees are one of the best-possessed items of a woman, and they are meticulously weaved to give a beautiful look. India produces quite a bit of silk, and most of it comes from states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Jammu and Kashmir and West Bengal.
Designer Silk Sarees Online Shopping
Types of silk sarees found in India:
- Kanchipuram sarees are known quite well throughout the country as the Kanjivaram sarees. They are gorgeous and made by experienced weavers, and the saree is adorned with motifs of a peacock, coconut, mango, etc.
- Banarasi sarees are intricately worked with zari work and details. The beautiful heavy work of the saree has made it famous among brides.
- Patola sarees are handwoven from pure silk threads and come from Patan, Gujarat. It takes up to six months to prepare one saree and are known for gorgeous colors.
- Pochampally silk sarees are unique, and their art hails from Telangana. It is one of the most sought after saree weavers in India.
- Bhagalpur sarees are quite famous, and they are weaved in Bihar. The tussar silk found in the saree is more textured than mulberry bred silk. This art was derived from tribal people.
- Baluchuri silk sarees are the product of West Bengal, and they are gorgeous and beautiful. The borders often motifs from Ramayana and Mahabharata.
Silk sarees are the go to festival and wedding attire for
Indian women. They are also the ones that pass down through generations as prized heirlooms. You do need to take care of your silk sarees so that they can last a lifetime.